My Step-dad, Travis Newton, passed away on June 11, 2010.
It happened rather suddenly and was quite a shock to us all. He died from an blood clot to his lungs. The only symptoms he had were that he told Mom an couple of times, a few weeks before that he felt like passing out. They were at home when it happened and he told Mom again, that he thought he was going to pass out. He went out and was gone within an hour. Mom tried CPR on him, but it was too late. They got him to the ER and General Fernandez( a close friend and a member of the Texas State Guard, in which they were also members of) opened his chest to find the clot.
It was a sad week. This has been very hard on my mother. She is so young and has experienced so much death at an early age. I was so glad I could be there with my sister and mother, just wished I could have stayed longer to help her more. We are keeping in touch every day though....something I just love!
My mother had most of her brothers and sisters, minus one, that came for the funeral. She was so happy about that and it meant a great deal to her to have their support. It is not often they are all together, so we decided to take some pictures.


Mom, Angel(my sister) Me, Caleb and Cheyenne (her children)



No comments:
Post a Comment