Friday, March 16, 2012

It's been forever...

Wow...I can't believe it has been so long since I have blogged. I have had to put it on the back burner to get to the more important events going on in our lives and deadlines to meet. I am a full time college student now at GCU and made it through my first semester. I made the presidents list and am in my fourth class now. I LOVE it! Since the kids are in high school I have decided to let my business, Meticulous Maid, expand like it was in Kentucky before I started home school. The kids are doing well, Josh has taken some of my duties at home to help balance things out and is actively tutoring the kids when they need it. We also take care of our niece and nephew a couple of days of the week. So as you can see, life has changed a bit this year affording me little time to blog.

What has happened since April? I will try to remember the best I can, and then just display some photos to look at...hopefully you can piece it together. Mom and Angel moved here and into a house down the road from us. Maggie, our Golden Retriever, is a year old. She follow Mom and Dad everywhere. She played a big part in bringing me out of my anxiety struggle. It is amazing what dogs can do for us. Sadly, our bird and bunny passed away. Hard year for us pet wise. We had  our Christmas Production, "Two from Galilee" and it was a success. It was the best musical production we have done since we have been here. It was well received by the community, as many came back a second and third time. Some even commented that it was as good if not better than a Broadway play...we take that humbly and give all the glory to God. It was a blessing for us to be involved in this avenue of outreach.

Thank you all for the Christmas gifts we received...I am so sorry we didn't get out TY notes. We had a wonderful Christmas with my family. Josh and I got to take a trip to Boca Raton Florida....it was a nice getaway! We saw Mark Schultz in concert. Mom joined me in the "Courageous" ladies bible study at church and we are still in it, enjoying it greatly. Caleb and Cheyenne just finished up their Upward basket ball season at the church. Lauren and Blake are in Chorale and they have had several solos and ensembles festivals. Lauren is in the "Fiddler on the Roof" which shows next week. Blake got his license and is driving "Leonard" his Riviera around. He is courting Naomi, a sweet girl, and is crazy about her. She comes from a great family, was home-schooled, a musician and worship leader and equestrian. Her and Blake have so much in common.

We are getting ready to go on a cruise in April....can't wait! We are going to the Bahamas. We will also be going to the south to visit family and friends.

It is about 72 degrees here and the snow is melting. We have been so blessed with a very abnormally warm winter with hardly any snow. I think God was truly answering my prayers because he knew how much Momma could handle this year. He eased them in slowly.




























































































No comments: