Saturday, September 1, 2012

Summer 2012

Well it has indeed been a while since I have blogged!  I first thought I would be able to do it once a month but now I think it will be more like each season!

Here are a few things that have been going on in out lives this summer:

  1. I am now in my second year of college at Grand Canyon. I made the president's list with a 4.0!  
  2. I have taken the summer to build up my cleaning business and am now working full-time. Blake worked with me some over the summer and I now employ Lauren once a week since Blake took a job at Mar-z-Doats ( a local pet and feed store). He might work with me some more in the fall. Josh helps me by cleaning our house and doing some cooking...awesome man!  
  3. We are still homeschooling though we are going with the K-12program...it is an homeschooling option through the public schools...much like my online classes that I take. 
  4. Many of Blake's buds have gone off to college so it has been a little bit of an adjustment for him. Next year is his turn. He is seriously pursuing North Central University in MN for a Worship Arts/ Christian Performance degree ( something like that) but we are thinking he might want to stay home for a year before he goes...he gets homesick very easily!
  5. The kids went to Deeper Life again in June. It is a Christian camp in Indiana.
  6. Since my degree is  Elementary Education Special Education I have been given an opportunity to work with a special young boy named Javon in the Sunday School hour. He is autistic so he needs a one-on -one teacher. I absolutely love him and enjoy working with him. He is so sweet!!
  7. We went to Traverse City and Mackinaw with Mom , Angel and the kiddos in July. We stayed with our friends, the Ackermans, and then went by ourselves to Mackinac Island. We brought Molly, our new puppy and she was a celebrity. We could hardly go anywhere without people wanting to come up and pet her!
  8. Maggie our previous Golden Retriever was hit by a car. She dies almost instantly. It happened while Blake, Lauren, and I were helping out with VBS. Josh came home for a break that night and when he let her out she bolted across the road...he saw the whole thing and it traumatized him for days. The whole awful scene played over and over in his mind. I have NEVER seen Josh so depressed. We were both very attached to Maggie as she helped me come out of my anxiety struggle...she was very therapeutic. SO....after not being able to take the sadness any more and accepting she was not coming back we got Molly...our new little golden. Looks just like Maggie, but a little "sassier".
  9. We took six weeks of puppy obedience class. 
  10. Blake went to Camp Electric, put on by Toby Mac and Diverse City. He learned many things and got to meet many artists. 
  11. We performed at a mutli-denominational concert on Presque Isle. 
  12. Josh and I went back to Traverse City. Josh married Rusty Ackerman to his new wife, Kelly. We stayed on a tall ship bed and breakfast, did some shopping, did the wedding, went to a winery/b&b, farmers market...etc. However on the last day there Lauren texted us with news that our friend Ron Pfaffle died. We were very sad because we were close to him. He did my logo for my Meticulous Maid business and he spent much time with Josh over the years. We cam back and sang for his funeral. We know that Ron knew the Lord and had a relationship with him so it excites us to vision him with the Lord in heaven! We look forward to seeing him again!
  13. Josh took Blake and his boys small group to Cedar Point, a cool roller coaster amusement park in Ohio. 
  14. Lauren turned 14 ans Blake turned 17 this year. 
  15. We camped at the Barr's camp in Au train with our almost new pop-up camper. Molly got to play with their Great Danes and had no problem taking one of them down! Josh and I got away by ourselves last weekend at a great park in Escanaba to camp with Molly. 
  16. "Rush of Fools" a popular Christian pop-rock group cam to our church. Blake met the drummer at Camp Electric. My Mom and Sister went and had a great time!  It is so fun to have a young momma...she is a trip! She loved every minute of it...I think she also liked the looks of them as well! Naughty granny!
  17. Last night we sang at our friend Laurie's "Blue Moon" wedding. Very fun! She had about 10 flower girls!! 
  18. Lauren is downstate with the Charmleys-she has been gone for about a week. Miss her!  
  19. The Ackermanss stayed at the Dickey B&B last night on their way up to Michigan Tech to take Zach back to school. 
  20. I am at home today, it is Saturday and I am all alone on my front porch swing just enjoying the day and life. God is so good! The only way I remember this stuff is because I am copying it from my planner! lol.:)
Here are some photos of all our events. Be back here hopefully after fall is over...which is very short...and then winter...which is very long...God give me strength!





































































































No comments: