Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sledding at Krooks Hill

Last weekend, Josh and I loaded up the church van with our girls' and boys' small groups and went to Krooks Hill in Negaunee to sled.  It is actually someone's property and they just allow people to come and sled for free.They  keep it up and it  has a shelter, hot cocoa, s'mores-all free-a bonfire pit, and couches to sit on around it. You can bring your own food and that is just what we did. Roasted hotdogs over the fire on a balmy 33 degree sunny day made it almost seem like summer!   When the snow hits your face it instantly melts making it feel like you are on a waterslide! I think this was the most fun I have ever had so far in the UP!
They even had a little igloo bathroom that I just had to snap pic's of.  A little gross, I know, but we were just fascinated!  So funny!  The guy's section had a little red target on a spring for them to hit...Josh thought that was really fun!  They even had lit candles inside. You could only do #1 and you had to drip dry-not so fun.    The bummer about finding this little treasure hidden in Negaunee is that the man is selling the place and the next owners probably won't keep it up like him.  He has been doing it for about 12 years. 

1 comment:

SD said...

You've been living up north TOO long when you start thinking that 33 degrees is almost summer!!