Sunday, March 6, 2011

Joel Creek Getaway

 We planned a much needed weekend getaway at our favorite place to chill and relax...Joel Creek Cabin in Autrain.  The kids were looking forward to doing NOTHING!  We literally don't plan a thing...just bring our movies, board games, books, crafts, and totally relax. It was so good for us...a healing weekend for me as well.   
   I am going to be a bit vulnerable here and open up a bit again. I came to find out that I was actually suffering from Post Traumatic Stress. Some events occurred in Dec and Jan that triggered it.  I just couldn't figure out what was wrong with me and why I was taking things so hard. Combined with all the anxiety and fears I had, I tell you, it was just the worst experience of my entire life.  It was so dark and awful...I truly hope I never have to go through that again.  I thought it was SAD...and that may have not made matters any easier, but it was PTS.  I was so glad to find out, because just knowing what's wrong was a BIG relief.  I thought I was loosing it! This month has been better and I am almost back to complete normal.  I have learned so much through this:

  1. I had to become completely desperate for God.  Fears were so hard and with out calling on Him, I couldn't have conquered them in my own strength.  This is one thing that I don't want to loose, even as I am returning to normal and feeling better...I always want to be desperate for God.  
  2. Josh and I pray every morning before we get out of bed and before we go to sleep. Before we prayed together, but it wasn't real regular...more sporadic. We pray every day on our own and for each other, but not like we have in the past two months.  Josh and I both said, "We should have been doing this long ago."
  3. Being petty, angry, irritated.etc etc...is just, well, ridiculous!  Life is short and after being where I was, I don't want to EVER take my family for granted or waste life by these behaviors. 
  4. Being an introvert, I have never TRULY understood my need for people. Sure I realize  the need for family and church family...I don't know where we would be without them. But now I really realize my need for them on a deeper level.  I have been going to lunch weekly with those I am close to and really loving it.  I actually crave more time with our friends.  Maybe it has made me an extrovert?
  5. Josh and I have had weekly date nights since Jan and we are loving it!  
  6. This trial has drawn us closer together and made us stronger. Sure it is easy to love each other when things are going well, but when they are not your love truly shines. I am so grateful for the many ways Josh and the kids have loved on me, prayed for me, and reassured me.  

 God refines us through trials. They are SO hard and frankly I do not like them. In letting us go through them, he does produce character, hope, perseverance, and faith. He prunes away the bad and cleans it out of us. For that I am grateful. He has restored our laughter and joy again!
 On a "lighter" note, here we are playing monopoly. 
 Mobey likes to play too!

 These are some pics the kids took with that weird function on the camera






 Lauren learned to cross-stitch.

 Josh does all the cooking when we go here....it is fun for him.
Chillin!

No comments: