Friday, March 25, 2011
Secret Keeper Girl Event put on by Smile FM
Our church had the opportunity to hold the Secret Keeper Girl Event put on by Smile Fm radio. It was a good mother daughter event for Lauren and I. The event spoke of the many lies young girls and women believe about themselves vs. the truth about how God loves and sees us. It was such a good reminder to us all in this day and culture we live in where modesty is out the door and our image of ourselves is so shaped by the world around us.
I picked up a good book there called "The Lies Young Women Believe". Flipping through the pages I was sad to say I have believed most of them as well. I think it will be a good book for Lauren and I to read together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment